1. Colored Notes - We use different colors of notes to indicate pitch tendencies of each instrument.
2. Pitch Tendency - We use M, V, and nothing to indicate how far notes are out of tune.
3. Accents - We use accents to indicate how far and what directions to adjust notes to be in tune using just intonation.
4. Parts Key - In each part/key signature we indicate; which notes need adjusted, how far to adjust them, what direction to adjust and enharmonics for difficult notes like double sharps.
5. Score Key - At the top right corner of each score page we indicate for; every instrument transposition which notes need adjusted, how far to adjust them, what direction to adjust and enharmonics for difficult notes like double sharps.
6. The Score - Indicates chord progression, individual instrument parts, Just Intonation key, and teaching hints.
7. Teaching Hints - 1. Whole Group Hints, not included in parts.
2. Individual Hints, included in individual parts.
8. Example Score and Parts - see some examples.
9. Testimonials - What are Band Directors who use BIE and BIC saying about it.
10. Purchasing - I take credit card orders online or purchase orders.
Band Intonation Exercises (PDF)
What do you get in your purchase?
Band Intonation Exercises Reproducible PDF of score and parts plus accompaniment tracks.
What is taught?
BIE is an innovative approach to teaching intonation showing pitch tendencies, pitch guides, and unison exercises. It teaches students to listen and adjust pitch with accompaniment tracks (Link in score PDF), exercises in unison, and natural pitch tendencies. The pitch guide shows how dynamics, temperature, reed strength, and many more things affect pitch.
Each instrument gets a
- Pitch Tendency Chart
- Intonation Issues and Solutions
- 19 Pitch Tendency Exercises
You will receive a link to download files in your receipt. You will have 3 downloads. Accompaniment tracks are available through the link in the PDF of Score.